Our 2023 Vision
- Something for everybody (Youth, Families, Seniors).
- A hub of activity with modern facilities. The place for families to gather.
- Serving 25,000 individuals annually
- Known as a great place to work with 75% retention of YMCA staff (average tenure of full time staff)
- Serving 500 individuals seasonally in Camps
- Valued by our members and community
- Review expansion/use of current facilities
- Develop/Implement a capital campaign to maximize value to community
- Collaborate with Community partners
- Increase Annual Giving to $150,000/year
- 6 months of operating cash ($1,500,000)
- $5,000,000 cash endowment
- 15,000 members with a 70% retention rate
- 3rd full facility plan– State of the Art– on 12-15 acres
- CDC integrated with main campus
- Manageable debt load of $50 debt per member
- Number of donors at 10%
- A presence in all County schools
Our Values, We Believe…
“My Command is this; love each other as I have loved you” ( John 15:12)
“Kings take pleasure in honest lips; they value a man who speaks the truth” ( Proverbs 16:13)
“So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you” (Matthew 7:12)
“Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things” ( Matthew 25:23)
“Trust in him at all times, you people; pour out your hearts to him. For God is our refuge” (Psalm 62:8)
We believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for life. Because of the Y, more young people in neighborhoods around the nation are taking a greater interest in learning and making smarter life choices. At the Y, children and teens learn values and positive behaviors, and can explore their unique talents and interests, helping them realize their potential. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.
Being healthy means more than simply being physically active. It’s about maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. The Y is a place where you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to learn a new skill or hobby, fostering connections with friends through our lifelong learning programs, or bringing your loved ones closer together through our many family-centered activities. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of living healthier on the inside as well as the outside.
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence as a nonprofit. It is only through the support of our hundreds of thousands of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to support and give back to the communities we engage.
Y-USA’s Strategic Plan … Delivering Our Cause
Frames for Action: 2014-2017