The Findlay Family YMCA is one of the oldest and largest charitable organizations, serving the needs of Findlay and the Hancock County community since 1888.
Because of YOU, the Findlay YMCA was able to strengthen our community and improve the quality of life to over 33,000 kids and families in Hancock County.
Because of YOU, 1,128 individuals of 190 families in Hancock County, were provided special financial assistance so that no one was denied a chance to be part of the YMCA.
Because of YOU the YMCA is able to:
· Provide affordable, quality childcare for working parents to over 300 children daily
· Provide physical, social and spiritually uplifting programs to 756 adults on fixed incomes, and in nursing homes
· Open Riverside Pool for every family and child that needs a place to swim this summer, regardless of their ability to pay
· Feed hungry children during off-school hours to some of our most needy children
· Provide special programs to over 100 physically challenged children and adults weekly, where they engage in physical and
social activities for personal growth and development
· Provide a self-discovery, summer day camp experience for every child in our community that wants one
“There are lots of places we can go and spend time with our families, but not in an environment where we know that the values we embrace are shared … like at the YMCA. At the YMCA, my kids can be in a clean environment where I don’t have to worry about what they hear or what is said around the corner.”
Chris Swanson YMCA Member and YMCA Board President
”While the YMCA has lots of programs strictly dedicated to youth, programs are certainly geared to the family as well. A healthy environment for our youth to develop is a key to success in my opinion, and certainly the YMCA offers that opportunity.”
“I have so enjoyed my time at the Findlay “Y” I also want to thank all of you for the financial help with my membership. I have lost a great deal of weight that I don’t believe I could have done without your help. So thank you from the bottom of my heart. I wish the best success for the “Y” as it is a true treasure to the community.”
“Thank you and your staff so much. I have grown to have more self esteem and feel better about myself.”
$40 provides swimming classes for a child where they learn personal responsibility and grow in self esteem or allows a youngster
to swim all summer long at Riverside pool.
$100 provides a youngster a membership to the YMCA all year long, where they can engage in healthy physical and social activities daily,
taking personal responsibility for their lives and sharing time with others who care about them.
$550 and you can adopt an entire single-parent household and provide them with all the YMCA programs and experiences that they
can enjoy together, that will contribute to strengthening their family and enhancing their quality of life.
$650 for a membership so a family can spend an entire year together building family bonds to last a lifetime.